Go-Go

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Should I stay or should I go?

Here's the question. What do you do when you don't go camping? 

My answer:  TOO MUCH!

We traveled 2 weekends in May.  First we visited one of our favorite spring stops, Thermopolis.  The roads were cleared of snow so we swung on up to Yellowstone and stayed a couple chilly nights in the park. 

Then, the next weekend my husband had some work to do in Alamosa so we ambled south to the Great Sand Dunes, the Colorado Gators and took a last mintue day trip to Taos.  If you know me at all it won't shock you to find that our unplanned adventure to Taos was the highlight of the trip! 

So, now we've been home for a couple weekends.  Working and getting ready for our next big adventure.  Soon we are heading to Missouri for just shy of 3 weeks.  Yes, I realize we have the big fabulous Colorado mountains and weather so I am sure you certainly wonder why, why why.  Well, loads of reasons.  Family, tourism that we usually miss when we visit family, Friends, a class reunion, my son's first overnight camp and fireworks in the land where you actually get to LIGHT them in your OWN BACKYARD!!!  Wooot Woot! 

So, travel action and adventure I can handle in spades.  It is the joy of staying home I have not mastered.  I stay entirely too busy. 

Since we have a home office both my husband and I stay up to late every night to work.  When you have your own business there is always "one more thing" you could finish, start or clean-up.  For a chick that would be considered ADD it is madness to my brain. 

Then, I try and keep my kids busy.  We are reading -- library visits.  We are learning -- working on bridge learning workbooks.  We are exercising -- bike races, fun runs.  We are volunteering.. wait that's me.  We are making money -- craigs list, garage sales, working with Dad, working in the yard.  We are having fun -- birthday parties, swimming pools, movie stars.... WAIT, that's the Beverly Hillbillies.  

So, I know my mother is nearly annoyed by the amount of times we are our on the road, in the woods, climbing a mountain, forging a stream but it is how we relax.  

So, don't be upset with me that I am always gone on a trip.  We take our work with us.  However, it is much less stressful and there is NO FILING on the road!  Hallelujah!  

Finally, please remember:
Not all who wander are lost.... SOME OF US ARE HIDING!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Where should we visit next?