Go-Go

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wagons West!

Eastward I go only by force; but westward I go free....  that way the nation is moving, and I may say that mankind progresses from east to west.  -Henry David Thoreau

I live in Colorado and grew up in Missouri. So pioneers moving west have fascinated me for years. The pioneers inspire courage, determination and simple skills of survival.  All skills one needs to pack up and leave behind family and employment to move out west with a new husband and start a new adventure -- just like Shane and I did in 1993.

Today we stopped at the National Historic Trails Center in Casper Wyoming.  The Trails Center let us experience firsthand the hardships - and tenacious spirit - of America's expansion.  Plus it was a lot of fun!

Nearly 400,000 people came west...most of them on foot.  Certainly makes me wonder what I can accomplish that I (and the naysayers)  think is impossible. 

The next time you travel west make this wonderful museum a stop on your list.  Admission is free if you have an Annual National Park Pass; admission is minimal if you do not.





P.S.  Casper Wyoming also has a historic Fort, a minor league baseball team and an aquatics center with water slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Where should we visit next?